We get a lot of messages from you asking how to start planning your new kitchen and how our design process works. So here is a guide from start to finish so you know what to expect.
1. Firstly, if you have a budget in mind but are unsure of how much your new kitchen might cost, you can send us an email with your floor plans, architect drawings or dimensions of the kitchen and we will provide a rough estimate.
2. The next step is to book an appointment for a Design Consultation with one of our kitchen designers. Your first appointment will be at our studio in Canterbury or over the phone during the weekdays. We do require you to visit us at least once during the design process as it helps us ensure you know what you are buying and get a feel for our product.
During your design consultation, you and your designer will go through your desires and requirements of your new kitchen, covering all areas. We provide a two hour slot to make sure there is time to discuss everything you want during the appointment. We will discuss the number and types of units, worktops, what sort of appliances & taps you would like or if you’re keeping your own/sourcing them yourself, the design and layout of the space, as well as cabinet colours, handles and tiles if you’re having any. Your designer will show you around our studio and explain the different ranges of cabinetry we provide. We can show you samples of work surfaces, tiles, etc to help you make your decisions.
Your designer will then producee your kitchen design and quote - this takes 2 weeks. It is at this point that we will make any changes and decide whether or not you would like to go ahead with the project.
3. The next step is your pre-fit survey. Adrian our workshop manager will visit you to survey the room and ensure that everything is where it should be and take measurements of the space so we can start making your kitchen in our workshop!
4. After that, depending on our lead time, there’s a wait (think of it more like a countdown similar to Christmas or your birthday!). We will be in communication with you throughout the whole process, and will be here to answer any questions you may have.
5. Kitchen installation - our fitters will deliver your kitchen and start installing it. This can take anywhere from 3-5 weeks to complete, depending on your design.
6. The last step is moving in! Your kitchen is ready for you to start unpacking your things into and styling it. This is where all the waiting and emails will prove worth it.
Once everything is completed and the kitchen is all yours to enjoy, we are just an email or phone call away should you need anything. And if you’re in the area, please do pop in for a cuppa! We love hearing from you even after the project is finished and knowing you’re as in love with the final product as you hoped.